Afternoon Blues

Mid March 2005

it was my first day after i was relieved from my school, and was mid march, the days were sunny and pleasantly warm ,  nights were cool enough that a little fanning would do away the heat, we had to leave town in ten days and people were either packing or preparing for the journeys , strings of guest would come to bid farewell ranging from my friend to people from dads office, the process never stopped i was in seventh std. and was going to be admitted in the eighth std. in a different town, new town. Apart from bidding goodbye to friends , i thought it was my duty to bid goodbye to the things which normally people would just pass and wont even notice, they meant my world ,


I, first of all went to the pond near the helipad , this place had seen me become a nature lover , it was most loyal to me , whenever i had a problem and needed a mirror so that i could solve my problems this pond presented itself as a mirror of clear blue water, it talked to me and consoled me on my losses praised me in my victories and acted as the silent companion when just the presence of the loyal friend made me feel comfortable


Next was the walk down the crossing to my house ( then home) , this place is also very special to me .
It has been the witness of growth from a 10 year old chocolate boy to the 15 year old teenager .
It has seen me walking with shiver of the first day at school to the pain of leaving my friends at the last day at school. it has witnessed it all my winnig of prizes to the time when i flunked in maths! And then walkin with dreams in my eyes about my first crush, i wonder where she is today! it has seen me struggling to get my feet to the pedals and also the time when i killed a wheelie like a pro or did a rollin stoppie , it has seen me in my " i want to be zakhir hussain" to learn tabla

and finally the park where i have not many but a few special memories...
once , our school organised a visit to the park and the same park seemed so different! wow!

was a nice stay but us the "transfer cases" , we have to move on no matter how good a place is and thats what i dont like

all these emotions hit me every lousy afternoon , the more lousy the afternoon more vivid are the memories of that afternoon that till date make me blue!

Comments

  1. when did u start writing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been participating in story telling competitions since 1st Standard, but what would qualify as my initial crude work- since 2007. Almost all of it is unpublished.

      Delete

Post a Comment